We understand you are all anxious to start rebuilding. Our Claims and Insurance people have been working as quickly as possible to get the thousands of claims processed from Hurricane Sandy. An Adjustor will be in contact but please remember it could be more than a week from the time you submit your claim before you are contacted.
Priority is being given to those properties that were the primary residence of families and they are currently do not have a place to live
Feel free to contact us at any point and we can try to answer all your questions.
Here are some tips on what you can do in the mean time:
- Make sure your property is safe to enter.
- Be sure to use Gloves and mask to keep you healthy
- Shut off electric and gas mains so you don’t have issues when they come on again
- Take as many pictures as possible before doing any work
- Write down an inventory of damaged items
- You can remove any wet things such as carpet and furniture, Just Do Not throw anything out
- Keep everything someplace safe on the property
- You can do what you need to to make your property safe and prevent further damage, particularly from Mold – If you need to remove sheet rock and insulation, once again do not throw it out
- Make sure you throw away everything thing that has been in the freezer/refrigerator
If you get a contractor for Anything:
- Keep your receipts
- Make sure they have a New Jersey license to do business
- If they do not have an NJ license number then Insurance will most likely not reimburse
- We have a list of licensed contractors here