Top Facts Every Consumer Needs to Know about the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)*
- You don’t need to live near water to be flooded.
- Floods are caused by storms, melting snow, hurricanes, and water backup due to inadequate or overloaded drainage systems, dam or levee failure, etc.
- You can protect your home, business, and belongings with flood insurance from the National Flood Insurance Program.
- You can insure your business with flood insurance for up to $500,000 for the building and $500,000 for your contents.
- It doesn’t matter whether your flood risk is high, medium, or low, you can buy flood insurance as long as your community participates in the National Flood Insurance Program.
- And, it’s a good idea to buy even in low or moderate risk areas: almost 25 percent of all flood insurance claims come from low- to moderate-risk areas.
- The Preferred Risk Policy is available for just over $100 a year.
- You can buy up to $250,000 of coverage for your home and $60,000 of coverage for your contents.
- The average flood insurance policy costs approximately $400 a year for about $100,000 of coverage.
- In comparison, a disaster home loan can cost you more than $300 a month for $50,000 over 20 years.
- You can buy NFIP flood insurance from private insurance companies and agents; call Van Dyk today!
- Up to $500,000 contents coverage is available for business owners and renters and up to $250,000 for homeowners.
- Whether you rent or own your home or business, make sure to ask your insurance agent about contents coverage. It is not automatically included with the building coverage.
- Up to $500,000 of coverage is available for non-residential buildings.
- Up to $500,000 of coverage is available for the contents of non-residential buildings.
- Plan ahead so you’re not caught without flood insurance when a flood threatens your home or business.
- Federal disaster assistance is only available if the President declares a disaster.
- More than 90 percent of all disasters in the United States are not Presidentially declared.
- Flood insurance pays even if a disaster is not declared.
We also can now offer our exclusive Private Flood Insurance program as an alternative to the NFIP.
Or Contact us by Phone- 1(800)222-0131 or by email
*Information Provided by FEMA